Maryland was the 7th state to join the union on April 28, 1788.
- Capital: Annapolis
- Population: 6,052,177
- State Bird: Baltimore Oriole
- State Flower: Black-Eyed Susan
- State Tree: White Oak
- State Song: Maryland, My Maryland
- States that border it: 4
- Most Popular Attraction: Fort McHenry
- Local Restaurant: Dukem Ethiopian Restaurant
- Top 3 Celebrities: Harriet Tubman, Michael Phelps, and David Hasselhoff
- Hypothetical Law: Thistles may not be grown in yards.
- State Sandwich: Crab Cake Sandwich
- Best Sports Team: Baltimore Orioles
- Annapolis, Maryland is known as the sailing capital of the world.
- New Market is known as Maryland's antique capital.
- Maryland gave up some of its land to form Washington D.C..
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.